Another week just flies by when you're left wondering cause where did the time go" . This week Brother Griffon gave us in a really amazing information about how the geography of the temple and Jerusalem lined up with a lot of significant historical facts that lined up with Jesus's life towards the end of his earthly ministry. I found it very interesting about how the doves used for scarification when Jesus was born, signifies how when the feathers are torn out of each pore and that pore would have bled, just like Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane. It was a very powerful
During this week I was being reminded by a specific Scripture in Matthew 7. As a child in primary we frequently sang "Wiseman build his house upon the Rock", and in Matthew chapter 7 versus 24 through 27 that same story is said.
"24 ¶Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."
The Lord Jesus Christ is our rock and our redeemer, he is always here to help us to persuade us to good and is our forever firm foundation. People who built thier house on the sand can be reminded about what they do or how they stand can always shift and change, and without that stability people will fall. I can see floods can be times in our lives when we have problems or concerns that we can't overcome. When a flood happens in real life most people are that powerless, not being able to go or move ans are in fear for not only themselves but their families and loved ones. I know because I have my foundation so is built on Christ that the rock that I am on is secure and whenever the winds may come or the floods may rise that I am safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment