Monday, October 17, 2016

Bible Reflections 7

 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Matt 18:8-9

This week during our class we learned a very good lesson from Brother Griffin. There was a special scripture, the one above, that really resounded with me. I liked how he looked at the this scripture and really stopped and talked about the importance of living the gospel is. I can see how valuable this information is in living a great life and how when it comes down to it, it really would be better to go through this life without and eye or a hand to be able to go back to our father in heaven again. I can see how when we look at the grand scheme of things, if we really did have to go through life without an eye, it would be worth it to have to suffer now to live better later. Its drastic but I feel Jesus shows the seriousness of what is as stake and i feel that can wake people up.


No comments:

Post a Comment