Sunday, October 2, 2016

General Conference Weekend!

This is probably going to be way over used and quoted so I'm gonna just tell everyone to go lds.org and check the talks. They were great.

That being said that there were some great talks that were given that really stood out. I think one of the big points given this weekend was the important of service. Elder Holland gave a great talk on the importance of home teaching and making sure fellow members of the church are doing well and living good. I found it funny and sad how even thought those home teachers came to a woman's house who had flooded, didn't recognize she was in need and didnt help out. I reflected on that and asked myself how much i was doing and if i was going about my service the right way. How often do i miss oppurtunites to help others in times of need. A scripture came out of this thought process as well. 

 John 12:26" If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour."

I think its important to really be active in searching and re-evaluating ourselves and where we are in life and in our own faiths. Are we striving to do the best? Going the extra mile? I know i need to be doing better, and im thankful that I could listen to conference to remind myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment